For those who are planning to invest on a convertible car seat, you will love the Britax Advocate G4 / Britax Advocate CS from Britax USA. This is one of the brand’s high end products that offer the best side-impact protection. If you need to travel with your child, it would help if you have a comfortable, safe, and user-friendly car seat. Here is the Britax Advocate reviews which you can read below.
The Britax Advocate G4 is one of the best convertible car seat in the market. It is packed with great features and can accommodate 5-40 lbs in rear-facing position and 20-65 lbs when used forward facing. A great issue when riding a car is an accident or crash. Not much different with Britax Marathon, SafeCell Technology is used for the Britax Advocate’s base (Check out Britax Marathon G4 Reviews). The SafeCell are designed and engineered to compress in case there is a crash or accident. It prevents potential head injury because the car seat doesn’t flex forward.
The Britax Advocate G4 is also easy to use unlike other convertible car seats. It comes with a 5-point tangle-free harness. You can adjust the height according to your child’s needs, and the good news is that you don’t have to dismantle the harness. You don’t have to worry about proper fitting into the car seat because the product has 2-buckle positions. Upon purchase, the Britax Advocate G4 will include the convertible car seat, removable cover, comfort pads, user guide, and infant positioning pillow.
The features of the Britax Advocate car seat as user-friendly and installation is also very easy. The convenient features include a contoured base and anti-slip grip. The latch is simple and quick to use. Uninstalling the car seat is also easy with a single push of a button. When using the shoulder belt and vehicle lap, the built-in lock is easily accessible and ensures secure installation.
The Britax Advocate G4 is very comfortable and this is backed by the many testimonials of users and experienced parents. The extra cushioning is ensured by the high density foam. Even on a long journey, your child will not feel any discomfort. If you have an infant, you can also take your baby for a ride without worries. There is a plush cover and comfort pads that you can use to properly position your little one.
- When it comes to safety, you can’t go wrong with the Britax Advocate. This convertible car seat comes with the HUGS chest pads.
- This is the Harness Ultra-Guard System that uses the SafeCell technology which was mentioned earlier.
- There is also the Versa Tether that is capable of distributing the crash force to minimize movement during an accident and restrain side to side motion. It also prevents head injuries.
- Another safety feature is the side impact cushions or SICT. These are not air bags, and are mainly an energy-management system.
- There are also integrated steel bars that reduce the chair’s forward flexing movement during a crash.
- The Snug Harness Indicator together with the Click & Safe feature is able to sense tension. Once you hear the audible click, it only means that the right tightness has been achieved.
In terms of quality and durability, you can also count on the Britax Advocate G4 and Britax Advocate CS. The product weighs 21.5 pounds and has dimensions of 21 x 20.5 x 26 inches. It is made in the USA, and you will be able to use the car seat for until your baby is a toddler.
Britax Advocate G4 Specs
|Product Weight||21.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||20.5 x 26 x 21 inches|
|Origin||Made in US|
Material and Colors
The fabric of the Britax Advocate G4 is one of the best, and there are several patterns and new colors that you can choose from.
Britax Advocate G4 Convertible Car Seat – Colors
Britax Advocate 70 G3 Convertible Car Seat – Colors
How To Install a Britax Advocate Convertible Car Seat
Here are good things about the Britax Advocate G4:
- Side impact cushions
- Comes with a seat belt or latch
- 10-position harness height adjustment (Click & Safe)
- Reliable buckle system
- Infant pillow for easy positioning
- Shoulder-height label
- Made in USA
If there good points of the Britax Advocate, there are also identified drawbacks:
- The height limit for rear-facing seat is not very tall in comparison to other models
- Wide cushions; may not suit those who prefer narrow seats
- Difficult to adjust harness
- In Canada, the rear-face tether is a logical challenge
Despite the potential drawbacks of the Britax Advocate G4 and Britax Advocate 70 CS, it remains to be one of the highly in demand convertible car seats in the market. It fits infants to toddlers well, and you can use it in two positions. You can use the product until your child is ready for booster use. Since the needs of every child vary, you have to make sure that this product can meet your needs.
Britax Advocate G4 Ratings
The Britax Advocate G4 is very comfortable and one of the best convertible car seat in the market. It remains to be one of the highly in demand convertible car seats in the market.
Written by: Tia
Convertible Car Seat
4.8 / 5 stars