The Britax B-Safe infant car seat is a top quality infant seat that is safe for use in any type of vehicle. It is compatible with Britax Strollers with click-n-go adapters that are already attached to the car seat. The seat can be removed from the car base and clicked into a stroller so that the conversion from car seat to stroller is seamless. Lining up the connectors does take some practice but once you know how to do it, you are set. The seat is good for infants up to 30 pounds. A tangle free five point harness keeps your child safe and secure.
Ease of Use
The Britax B-Safe seat comes with one base that is installed into the back seat with a few quick adjustments. An adjustable “boot” helps you to ensure that the seat is at the proper angle of recline with a level indicator placed on the base. Once the seat base is installed, you can sit the seat into the base, lining up the tabs and clicking it into place. The seat is designed to click into strollers of the same brand, so if you purchase this brand of seat, you would be well-advised to purchase the same brand of stroller for easy transitions between car and stroller.
The Britax B-Safe seat is designed for babies up to 30 pounds, so once their head is 1” from the top of the seat it is time to move to the next seat size. The head and body pad can be removed at a parent’s discretion. Plenty of harness positions and heights ensure the right and most comfortable fit for your child.
- The Britax infant car seat has energy absorbent foam and protection from side impacts that keep your child safe and secure in the event of an accident.
- The seat meets federal crash safety requirements and uses latch connectors to hold the seat onto the base.
- The same seat can also be used on an airplane.
- The car seat has cushion inserts for children that are as light as four pounds right up to thirty pounds and 32 inches high.
- The five point harness provides distribution across the stronger parts of the body.
- When reviewing infant car seat ratings this seat comes in near the top.
- Check and compare with Britax Marathon.
The fabric in the Britax B-Safe is easy to wipe clean. The darker colored options are perfect for hiding dirt that builds up. There are lighter colors in the area of the child’s head and feet which can show a lot of grime and sweat marks. Since the seat tends to keep your child quite warm it is important not to bundle them up in too many clothes when they are strapped into the seat. Read Britax advocate review here.
Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat Specs
||27.5 x 17.5 x 15.5 inches
Material and Colors
The Britax B-Safe seat is available in three color schemes, being black, navy and orange, red or sandstone. The fabric is easy to wash down and care for so that it can be kept clean. Britax USA has made the fabric design and choices fairly easy for most people to choose from.
Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat – Colors
Get up to 28% Off
Get up to 28% Off
Get up to 19% Off
Britax B-Safe Travel System – Colors
Travel System Black
Get up to 24% Off
Travel System Red
Get up to 24% Off
Travel System Sandstone
Get up to 5% Off
Installing Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat
- The seat is very safe with many excellent safety features making it the best infant car seat for safety;
- The seat is a lot lighter and smaller than many other seats on the market
- It works with a B-Ready Stroller;
- The harness height is easy to adjust;
- You won’t have any problems buckling your baby into the seat;
- The seat can be used a little bit longer as your baby grows (as compared to other seats that will not last as long)
- There is no head support included to keep your child’s head upright;
- Should not be used without the base;
- The sunshade is small and does not cover the baby’s face very well;
- A baby can get very hot and sweaty in this seat;
- The handle is not very ergonomic and can be quite uncomfortable to carry.
If you are looking to purchase a reliable car seat, then this seat is definitely one of the best because of its numerous safety features. The seat is easy to transition between car and stroller, especially if you have a Britax Stroller (Britax B Ready). It is important to choose a good quality seat that will hold your child as long as possible. This one will last for most children up to about 15 – 18 months.
Britax B-Safe Ratings
The Britax B-Safe infant car seat is a top quality infant seat that is safe for use in any type of vehicle. The seat is easy to transition between car and stroller.
Written by: Tia
Infant Car Seat
4.3 / 5 stars